Sumpter Parent Teacher Club Notes
December 8, 2015
1. Welcome and Introductions
Gloria Flager, Jessica Mcallister, Rene Tyson, Jenny Hannant, Brittany Springer, Casie Mendez, Melissa Wellard, Liz Norris, Erika Kerr, Faith Branson, Ginger Stover, Alicia Matson
2. Approval of November's Meeting Minutes
a. Motioned to approve—Alicia Matson, Second—Jenny Hannant
3. Treasurer's Report
a. Deposits from last year that were not taken into account were recently deposited, so total is
greater than last month (see treasurer’s report).
b. Last month ptc approved the purchase of one I-Pad for Mrs. Morris and due to a miscommunication, two were purchased (see line item in report). The second one will be sold at the Auction in March.
4. Fund Requests
a. $2000 for seed money for auction (Includes the cost of extra I-Pad) –Rene Motion to pass, Ginger Stover 2nd
a. Out Door School: 5th grade raised about $2500 from wreath and candle sales! Goal by the end of the year: $10,000
b. Parent's night out KIDS PARTY IN: Expected 15 kids, 45 came! Pure profit event—food was paid for by a gift from WinCo and raised just under $1000. Thank you to volunteers who helped!
6. Upcoming Events
Off- Site Auction Scheduled: March 12th 6-9 at Creekside Golf Course Cost: $32/single ticket, $55/couple
Please contact Rene Tyson (email@example.com) for more info on volunteering in one or more areas:
1. Auction items collection: Thanks to excellent records from past years, we have lists of companies who have been willing to partner with us in the past—we just need volunteers to connect with the people on the list.
2. Classroom donation coordinator (connects with classrooms to assist those that want to contribute an item to the silent auction.)
3. Pre-Event admin (selling tickets, sorting auction items, making posters, etc)
4. On-location set-up and tear-down
Do you or your company want to make a donation to the auction before year-end? Calling for donations of all kinds: Professional Services (plumbing, cleaning, bookkeeping, etc), Restaurant gift cards, Condo/vacation weekends, cash donations, Dining Table Sponsorship ($50/table-email for info), etc.
Email Rene Tyson: firstname.lastname@example.org
*6-8 Volunteers needed to help out with vision testing on January 22nd. The screenings will start at 9:45, there is not an end time yet. Watch for sign up
8. School Report: Nothing new to report
9. Other Business: None